|By ACN Newswire||
|September 1, 2014 06:06 AM EDT||
Manila, Philippines, Sept 1, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The best Corporate Social Resposibility (CSR) programs in the region take center stage during the 12th annual Asian CSR Awards ceremonies on September 3, 2014 at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel in Manila, Philippines.
His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III, President of the Republic of the Philippines, will be the guest-of-honor as the winners are presented during a gala dinner that will cap the two-day Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility held on September 2-3, 2014.
The Asian CSR Awards Program recognizes and honors Asian Organizations for embodying the principles of corporate responsibility in their business philosophy and operations. Awards are given for programs that achieve excellence in terms of services to stakeholders and innovative sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges.
A total of 109 entries from 12 countries submitted by 97 organizations from across the Asian region are competing in this year's Asian CSR Awards. Nominations were received from China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and UAE.
The awardees demonstrate the company's leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment to incorporating ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, respect for individuals, involvement in communities and protection of the environment into the way they do business. The Awards categories are as follows: Environmental Excellence, Education Improvement, Poverty Alleviation, and Health Enhancement. This year, the Awards Committee chose to recognize a particular program with a special award - the CSR Impact Award. The CSR Impact Award will be given to honor a program that has an on-going track record of significant sustainable impact and is innovative and replicable.
The Asian CSR Awards will also present the 8th Intel-AIM Corporate Responsibility Award (IACRA). The IACRA honors companies in Asia that have embedded CSR into its operations and integrated CSR into its business.
Entries for the Asian CSR Awards and IACRA came from various fields, including manufacturing, banking and finance, transportation, logistics, the petroleum industry, agriculture, mining, telecommunications, information technology, hospitality and leisure, business process outsourcing, broadcasting, as well as non-government organizations and corporate foundations.
For more information on the AFCSR, visit the website at www.asianforumcsr.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +63 2 752 1208.
About Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
The AFCSR is the premier platform for showcasing CSR thought leadership and best practice in Asia. Established in the Philippines and convened in a different Asian location each year, the AFCSR (now in its 13th year) attracts more than 500 delegates from 30 countries and is the largest and longest-running major CSR conference in Asia. The AFCSR features prestigious CSR Awards: the Asian CSR Awards and the Intel-AIM Corporate Responsibility Award for outstanding initiatives in four key areas - education, environment, health and poverty alleviation. It is co-convened by the AIM RVR Center for CSR and Asia Inc Forum. For more information, please visit www.asianforumcsr.com.
About AIM-RVR Center for Corporate Social Responsibility
The AIM RVR Center is a research and program center within the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). The main thrust of the AIM RVR Center is to undertake CSR-focused research relative to the competitiveness of corporations and their impact on society. The AIM RVR Center is one of the first research centers in the region to concentrate on CSR issues. The Center also provides consultancy and training services on CSR issues to organizations throughout Asia. The AIM is the Asian pioneer in international management education. For more information, please visit http://rvr.aim.edu.
About Asia Inc Forum
Asia Inc Forum (AIF) is a leading facilitator of business and public policy dialogue in ASEAN and the Asia Pacific region. AIF is the convener of the influential ASEAN 100 Leadership Forum and the co-convener of the Asian Forum for Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR), Asia's leading platform for CSR thought leadership and practice. The company has a proud history of partnership with the APEC CEO Summit - the foremost meeting of business and government in the Asia Pacific region. For more information, please visit http://asiaincforum.com.
Source: Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
Khristine Dizon Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- DDoS Mitigation | @CloudExpo @WebairInc #IoT #Cybersecurity #DataCenter
- Should You Fear #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #IoT #AI #ML
- When Things Attack! | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Security
- Cloud Is Now Seen as a Way to Better Security | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Security #DigitalTransformation
- What Is Ransomware and How Cloud Security Mitigates It | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Security #MachineLearning
- How to Turn Your Microwave into a Camera | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #Security
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Streamline Health® Engages KPMG as Its New Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- Cloud Business Solutions, Social Media, and Platform Systems of Engagement Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2013 to 2019
- DEvOps and SDDC Among Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2014
- Application Server Market
- Commander of U.S. Cyber Command and National Security Agency Director, General Keith Alexander, To Keynote Day One of Black Hat USA 2013
- Cloud Computing: Rethinking Control of IT