|By Business Wire||
|September 5, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that its chief technology strategist for U.S. public sector, Gunnar Hellekson, will be delivering the closing keynote at the first annual NC Datapolooza on Sept. 12, 2013. NC Datapolooza is a one-day event celebrating the culmination of a 90-day open data competition for entrepreneurs, innovators, and experts to create applications using health, education, and green data. Hosted by HQ Raleigh and Forward Impact, this inaugural event hopes to focus on how open data can be used to spark innovation in the fields of health, education, and energy. Hellekson is set to discuss the value that can be gained from using open data and share success stories.
At Red Hat, Hellekson works with systems integrators and government agencies to encourage the use of open source software in government. He is the founder of Open Source for America and has been named one of Federal Computer Week’s Fed 100. He is an active member of the Military Open Source working group, the SIIA Software Division Board, Freedom 2 Connect Technical Council, the Board of Directors for the Public Sector Innovation Group, and CivicCommons’ Board of Advisors. Hellekson’s topics of expertise include cross-domain security, edge innovation, and interagency collaboration through the open source model.
|Red Hat chief technology strategist, Gunnar Hellekson, to deliver closing keynote|
|The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences,|
|11 W. Jones St., Raleigh, N.C. 27601|
|Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, 10:30 a.m. ET|
For more information on NC Datapalooza, visit ncdatapalooza.com.
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat and the Shadowman logo are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- DDoS Mitigation | @CloudExpo @WebairInc #IoT #Cybersecurity #DataCenter
- Should You Fear #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #IoT #AI #ML
- When Things Attack! | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Security
- Cloud Is Now Seen as a Way to Better Security | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Security #DigitalTransformation
- What Is Ransomware and How Cloud Security Mitigates It | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Security #MachineLearning
- How to Turn Your Microwave into a Camera | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #Security
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Streamline Health® Engages KPMG as Its New Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- Cloud Business Solutions, Social Media, and Platform Systems of Engagement Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2013 to 2019
- DEvOps and SDDC Among Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2014
- Application Server Market
- Commander of U.S. Cyber Command and National Security Agency Director, General Keith Alexander, To Keynote Day One of Black Hat USA 2013
- Cloud Computing: Rethinking Control of IT